Our hormones may be small chemical messengers, but they play an important role in the overall function and wellbeing of our body. Men and women of all ages may experience hormonal imbalances that can have long-term effects and serious consequences on their health. Specifically, we experience radical changes in hormones in midlife that cause weight gain, low libido, muscle loss and much, much more.
At Living Well Dallas, we utilize Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) in the form of pellets and transdermal creams. Unusual hormone levels can present themselves in different ways and of varying levels of severity. While every person’s experience with hormonal imbalance is unique, there are a few common symptoms that are good indicators of hormonal issues. Some of the biggest red flags for hormonal imbalance in men and women include:
- Brain Fog
- Unexplained Weight Loss or Gain
- Mood Changes
- Lowered Libido
Have you experienced any of the above or feel it’s time to have your hormone levels tested? The Living Well Dallas Hormone team is ready to help evaluate your health history and determine what the best options are for you treatment wise. The Living Well Dallas team has undergone special training to become a certified provider of BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy with pellets.
You Have Options: Moving Away From Synthetic Hormones
When significant health safety concerns arose in 2002 for women using synthetic hormone replacement therapies (HRT), millions stopped taking it—up to 70% according to one survey. However, the Women’s Health Study has since been questioned and found to be fraught with errors and has been discredited. Many women and men suffer with unnecessary symptoms as a result. Patients and physicians alike began to search for alternatives.
Bio-Identical Hormones: The Right Choice for Your Body
Countless women (and men) have now made the switch to bio-identical hormones, long preferred for hormone therapy in Japan, France, and other European countries. It is finally receiving considerable attention in the U.S. and being more widely prescribed.
Hormone Balance is NOT One-Size-Fits-All!
After the shocking results of the Women’s Health Initiative study, a large number of physicians turned to bio-identical hormones although many of them lacked the background, training or expertise in the field. While these doctors are good at prescribing the right kind of hormone (bio-identical), they often fail to actually balance a patient’s hormones—something that is vital to good health and well-being.
The Living Well Dallas Difference
- Balancing hormones properly is a challenging endeavor.
- Our physicians are well-trained not only in testosterone therapy but on how to treat the whole person, balancing the thyroid and adrenal hormones and evaluating and treating cardiometabolic risk.
- Through precise testing and proper consultation, the most accurate dose is prescribed for each patient’s unique body chemistry. Individual dosing for individual patients!
- We use a Test Don’t Guess philosophy by also evaluation how your body is metabolizing and eliminating your hormones.
- We go further than other clinics providing hormone therapy. We also check other hormones to make sure you are in balance and we also test for how you uniquely metabolize your hormones, which helps us determine how your hormones get used and detoxified. This additional step provides us with information to be sure BHRT is a good fit long term and which method of delivery is better suited for your system.
- If you choose Pellet therapy, you will get a consistent delivery of consistent levels of hormones for months at a time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!