Ever wonder how the world’s fittest people got fit and stay that way? While they may have genes that make a fit body a little bit easier to achieve, the fittest people didn’t get that way by accident.
The truth is that fitness takes time and dedication. It requires forming healthy habits, and breaking the not-so-healthy ones. Do you want to lose weight and get fit? Take it from the fittest among us. Here are six habits of fit people:
- It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle. Rather than focusing on what you eat or what the scale says, focus on how you feel. They never miss breakfast and sometimes, even fit people cheat.
- Exercise is fun. Shocking, right? Fit people find exercise routines they enjoy and look forward to, rather than dragging themselves to the gym for a workout they dread. Exercise should be a stress-reliever, not a stress-inducer.
- No comparisons. Fit people know every body is different. They focus on what makes them feel good, rather than how their body compares to the supermodel standing next to them.
- They sleep. Lack of sleep affects not only your energy level, but your mood and your metabolism. Make a sleep routine and keep it.
- Exercise is a priority, not an afterthought. Fit people intentionally carve out time in their day for exercise. It is a priority, not just something they get to if they have time.
- They don’t go it alone. Instead, they find a buddy who can provide encouragement, support and who will workout with them, side-by-side.
A fit lifestyle incorporates more than diet and exercise, however. It is a mindset. It is a way of life. It is a constant determination to make the healthy choice. Don’t be too hard on yourself, most importantly, fitness is a process. Set your goals; with the right resources and motivation, you will achieve them.