AUTHOR: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
RECIPE TYPE: Cookies
SERVES: 24-28 cookies
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened*
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil and orange zest, 1-2 minutes.
- Add orange juice, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix until blended. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into balls. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten with fingers.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Cookies with be golden brown on edges and soft to the touch.
- Place on cooling rack to cool completely. Store in air-tight container.
*Using refined coconut oil gives less of a coconut flavor in the cookies.