Hormone imbalance isn’t just a problem faced by women in menopause. It can happen to anyone at any time.
In fact, there is one hormone imbalance that we all go through, puberty. Maybe you remember it? Or maybe you have a child who is going through it right now?
Puberty is the perfect example of what hormone imbalance may look like later in your life.
- Mood swings
But hormone imbalance can also come with a host of other symptoms that can make life even more unmanageable.
Other symptoms related to hormone imbalance include:
- Pain during sex
- Insomnia or problems sleeping
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Chronic aches and pains
- Memory loss
- Loss of energy and fatigue
- Sexual disinterest (low libido)
- Vaginal dryness
- Loss of muscle mass
- Foggy thinking
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
Are You Struggling With Any of These Symptoms?
If the answer is yes, then you may be suffering from a hormone imbalance. Sometimes these symptoms seem manageable, other times not so much.
There are even instances when a hormone imbalance can stop you in your tracks. The good news is we can treat hormone imbalances. And we believe the best treatment option is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement (BHRT).
What Is BHRT?
You may have been shying away from undergoing hormone replacement therapy because you’ve heard negative things and maybe even heard some horror stories.
Traditional hormone replacement therapies fell out of favor in 2002 when the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) trial was terminated mid-trial because they discovered that HRT was increasing users’ risk of heart disease, breast cancer, stroke, and blood clots.
At that time, millions of people stopped taking HRT. In the last 18 years, though, the Women’s Health Study has been questioned, found to be full of errors, and ultimately discredited.
During the intervening years, patients and physicians alike began to search for alternatives to HRT.
The Rise of BHRT
Countless women and men have now made the switch to bio-identical hormones, long preferred for hormone therapy in Japan, France, and other European countries. According to the North American Menopause Society (NAMS), about 1.4 million women currently use BHRT to treat their menopause symptoms.
NAMS has also determined that BHRT comprises 40% of all hormone therapy prescriptions for menopausal women. Studies have yet to determine the number of men using BHRT to treat their hormone imbalances.
Often, we use BHRT to:
- Ease symptoms of perimenopause and menopause
- Assist in the relief of chronic pain
- Improve symptoms of cancer treatment
- Treat Osteoporosis
- Ease Fibromyalgia symptoms
- Treat insulin resistance
- Reverse adrenal and thyroid disorders
Why Do Bio-Identical Hormones Work So Well
We call bioidentical hormones because they have the identical molecular structure that the hormones in our bodies have. Once in the body, they act just like the hormones that we naturally produce.
Bio-identical hormones are not the same as those used in traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Traditional HRT hormones are processed from the urine of pregnant horses or developed synthetically in a lab.
However, bio-identical hormones are derived from plant estrogen and are chemically identical to those already in our bodies.
Bio-Identical hormones surpass synthetic hormones when treating a hormone imbalance because they are identical to our own hormones, whereas synthetic ones are not quite identical.
Why Does Structure Matter?
It has to do with structure and a perfect fit. Cholesterol acts as the base for human hormones. The receptor molecules that surround the cholesterol base have specialized attachments that allow hormones to fit perfectly into the receptor molecules.
After a hormone is perfectly fitted into the receptor molecule, it communicates with the receptor and tells it to turn on or turn off certain behaviors.
Hormones are responsible for all kinds of bodily functions and complex processes like:
They influence the immune system and can even alter behavior. If you need to add hormones to your system to regain balance, wouldn’t you rather them be structurally identical to the ones you already have?
BHRT Delivery Systems
Bioidentical hormones can be mass-produced by drug companies or custom-made by compounding pharmacies based on a doctor’s orders. They come in various treatment forms, including:
Men and women of all ages may experience hormonal imbalances that can have long-term effects and severe consequences on their health.
This is particularly true at midlife when radical changes in hormones can cause:
At Living Well Dallas, we use BHRT in the form of pellets and transdermal creams.
The Living Well Dallas Difference
Let’s talk about what makes us different from other practices.
- Balancing hormones properly is a challenging endeavor.
- Our physicians are well-trained not only in testosterone therapy but on how to treat the whole person, balancing the thyroid and adrenal hormones and evaluating and treating cardiometabolic risk.
- Through precise testing and proper consultation, we prescribe the most accurate dose for each patient’s unique body chemistry. This means individual dosing for individual patients!
- We use a “Test Don’t Guess” philosophy by also evaluating how your body is metabolizing and eliminating hormones.
- We go further than other clinics providing hormone therapy. Our team also checks other hormones to ensure they are in balance, and we also test for how you uniquely metabolize your hormones, which helps us determine how your hormones get used and detoxified. This additional step provides us with information to be sure BHRT is a good fit long term and which method of delivery is better suited for your system.
- If you choose Pellet therapy, you will get a consistent delivery of consistent levels of hormones for months at a time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We Are Here for You
Do you feel it’s time to have your hormone levels tested? The Living Well Dallas Hormone team is ready to evaluate your health history and determine what the best treatments are for you!
Contact us today! Feel BETTER. Get clarity on your health and finally feel heard—you’ll receive the care you deserve and long-term solutions to live your best life.